Job! I am doing (unpaid, sigh...) spacey things for the FAA this summer and I'm really, super excited about it! Should be really neat and a lot of fun. :3
Other things...hmm. I took a space law class this semester and it was basically the best thing ever. Seriously. In what other class do you get to discuss whether it would be legal to put a death ray in orbit around Earth? (hint: it actually would be legal, as long as said death ray was not a WMD. The more you know ) Things are great with boyfriend because he is absolutely the sweetest human, and we knocked it out of the park at Barristers' Ball this year, if I may say so. ;D We discovered that my fratty apartment building actually has this AMAZING secret yoga room that is PERFECT for dance practice, and we were using it at night so much that I'm pretty sure the staff all thought we were doing...um...other things. But we weren't! We were doing DA PRACTICE for DA FANCY DANCIES. And much fun and sweat was had by all!
Ok, life stuff over. Let's talk about DAT FINALE. YOU GAIZ. YOU GAAAIIIZZZZ. It probably doesn't top "A Canterlot Wedding" for my all-time fav two-parter, but it probably ties for first place. JUST JUST JUST GUH.
1) Wow, "You'll Play Your Part" is best song. Period. BEST. SONG.
2) Oh...uh. Wow. DA embeds videos now. Huh.
3) Luna is actually spotty-butt! LUNA IS SPOTTY-BUTT
4) Cadance, honey, slap Twilight for me. Twi: "I've waited like a year for my kingdom, woe is me." Cadance: "B*TCH PLEASE I WAS A PRINCESS BABYSITTER WHEN CELESTIA WAS THE ONLY OTHER ALICORN THAT EXISTED. SHUT YOUR CUPCAKE-HOLE"
5) Regarding Cadance and Tirek, everybody seems to be taking this as evidence that Cadance *is* immortal, and was around when Tirek was banished the first time. I don't actually think that's true (and not because my headcanon firmly refuses to believe that either Twilight or Cadance is immortal). Think about it: if Tirek escaped from Tartarus when Cerberus left his post in "It's About Time," he's been lurking in Equestria and biding his time since right before the end of the second season of the show. Which means that he got to Equestria right before the royal wedding and subsequent changeling invasion, aka something that literally the entire kingdom must have been talking about for weeks (or not, considering that apparently nobody in Manehatten remembers that Twilight is a princess now, but whatevs). It seems impossible to me that Tirek could have failed to take note of Cadance's existence after that. Anyway. That's my headcanon and I'm stickin' to it.
6) BOOK HOUSE NOOOOO
7) "Surely you saw this coming." OOOOO BURN DISCORD. Or...actually...wow, Applejack, ouch. Remind me not to get on your snark side. O.O
8) Rainbow Dash slapping the hat off one of the most powerful characters in the show = new favorite thing.
9) Ok, so when Celestia and Luna give up their alicorn magic, their manes and tails stop waving and lose their sparkle...but their manes are still multicolored/huge/ethereal-looking. Huh. Um...huh. Need new explanation for magic manes. Ideas, anybody?
10) DAT BATTLE. And then Twilight was Aang.
11) Wait...so...since Twilight and Tirek stalemated, does that mean that the four Princesses together have as much magic as all the other ponies in Equestria combined? Yow!
12) Awww yiss new castle! SPARKLY.
Ok, I'm done! Tell me what you thought! :3 I for one enjoyed the heck out of it...yay character progression and awesome magic duels!
Love you all, and thanks for putting up with my random 5am rambles. More art coming soon! TAE out.